Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010!!

2010 is here! I can't believe it! Last year was good to me and I am determined to make this year even better. I hope to update my blog a bit more this year instead of every couple months! I am going to try to blog more about my favorite thing... antiquing/treasure hunting! There are so many great antique stores around the area where I live. Off the top of my head I can think of about 13 or 14 stores within a 20-30 minute drive. So many stores/dealers around that there is never any good junk at the thrift stores! They get to it first (my mother in law included)! :)

One thing that has occupied my time the past few weeks is my sweet dog Jackson. Sadly he had to be put to sleep at the beginning of December. He would have been 8 years old this coming April. He had cancer and he was rapidly declining in health. I really cannot make myself discuss all the details because it is still very hard to deal with but I love him and miss him so much. I know it will take time. I still miss my dog I had when I was a child. It is very much like losing a actual person, you think about them often and they are always with you. I am sure that we will adopt another dog in the future. It will be a while though. I don't want to rush into getting a new furry buddy just yet.

Love you and miss you Jack!!


Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of your Jackson. I'm sure he was so well loved, and appreciated you as much as you loved him. I pray you receive comfort in this difficult time.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the loss of Jack. Our furbabies are a big part of our families, and there is a definite grieving process to go through.
    I'm so happy that you are going to be blogging more often!
    Have a great day!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete